I just wanted to give everyone a brief update on Karen and my nearing escape to fulltime RV living. I’m also looking forward to posting about the emotional aspects of this past month. Lots to pass along for sure.
Our home sale was to close on 8/26/19 but is moved up to 8/23/19. There is one issue that is out of our control which could delay closing but there may be a plan B. The city installed a sewer line on our street and we are required to hookup to it before selling our home. Our current septic system (we live on four acres) is in top shape so we hate to hook up to the sewer at much expense. The buyer’s mortgage company (VA Loan) is requiring this be done prior to closing. A friend who builds, buys and sells a lot of houses suggests a work-around is to add an addendum to the closing document which allows the buyer to move in prior to closing but clearly states the closing is to be held as soon as the sewer connection is completed or they must vacate the premises. He suggests this is safer than allowing them to rent the home for a short period which would afford the buyer protection as a renter and require a long drawn out eviction process. The buyers are awesome folks moving here to Missouri from Illinois due to a work transfer. They have children who need to be in school ASAP. Their loan is 100% approved and ready to close otherwise. Of course there is a chance the sewer connection will be installed any day so there would be no issue. Our contractor is behind schedule due to rain. Of course there are risks in the addendum but they are mutual between the buyer and us. A remaining option is to force the buyer to make due elsewhere until they can close on the house with no stipulations or we move on to one of several other buyers. Right or wrong, we are leaning to just working with the current buyer. We are forecasting a possible delay in the sewer connection of no more than two weeks which is what the contractor warned us about a couple weeks ago.
Either way, on 8/23/19 we are moving into our fifth wheel full time. Everything is in place for the move to include a full hookup spot to park the RV in until I retire which is now formally announced as being on 10/4/19. I’ve turned my papers in at work and am nearly finished with the pension plan documents.
The house echoes with empty space. The remainder of this week and all of next week are going to be a challenging time. We have a to-do list and paying special attention to the items with deadlines. I’m taking most of next week off from work to finish our 10×5 storage space rental, moving items to the RV and getting a few things finished up around the house.
We decided to have our hometown post office forward our mail to a PO box in the same building. We know our mail carrier well and she will make sure it gets to the PO box.
The next time you hear from me will be when we are living at the county park on the lake.