In 2017 the Ram Laramie is my second favorite truck within the group of one tons that have leather interior options. However, they need to up their horse power ratings because every one else is leaving them behind. Horse power maintains your speed, in particular on hills, after the torch gets you up to speed. Chevy/GMC has the best horse power but Ford has the better torch. The Laramie Longhorn is outside my budget and I don’t like the interior which is the same reason the Ford King Ranch is off the list.
- Dodge Ram 3500HD. SLT, Larime and Larime Longhorn (1/2/16)
- I’ve been hearing Ram is working on their big changes for 2018. (12/26/16). They noted seeing a hood scoop on the truck. I believe Chevy changed their hood in 2017, adding a scoop, because a new engine design.
- Many say the Cummings diesel is the best in the business.
- I’m still confirming this but I saw a chart where for trucks, Ford is the #1 seller followed by the combined totals for Chevy/GMC then Dodge. However when separated from the Chevy Silverado totals, the Ram outsells the GMC Sierra in 2016.
- 1st – Ford F Series
- 2nd – Chevy Silverado
- 3rd – Ram
- 4th – GMC Sierra
2017 Ram Lineup
- Here is an active Ram Truck forum.