- Chevy Sierra 3500HD and Denali (1/2/16)
- And Chevy is coming out with changes in 2017 such as 910 foot pounds of torque, beating the 2016 Ram but not the 2017 Ford with 925 pounds. I read a rumor that Chevy was looking to use more aluminum construction by 2020. Ford did it in 2017 with a 300 pound reduction in weight so they can use the savings in other places.
- Many I’ve talked to say Chevy’s Allison transmission is the best in the business.
- Best I can tell so far the basic truck engine, foundation, transmission and similar are the same in the Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra. The Silverado is said to be around $800 cheaper for the base unit which I’m assuming is the 1500 model. The Sierra offers better interiors – still looking into this. Silverado outsells the Sierra by a large margin.
2017 GMC Trucks
2017 Chevy Silverado Lineup Starting Prices For Dually Trucks
WT: $44,100 LT: $50,245 LTZ: $54,675 High Country: $60,265
- 2017 Chevy review by Motortrend.