This page includes all my notes where trucks are compared side by side. I’m looking for good charts but might have to create my own.
Truck Comparisons PDF (click to my 2017 spreadsheet)
- Side by Side Comparison 2015 Super Duty Ram/Ford/Chevy Towing Fifth Wheel. Note Ford is coming out with a new frame in 2017! The Fast Lane YouTube channel is a good one. (11/29/14)
- Fifth Wheel Street website – one ton truck tow ratings. 2017 charts for capacity and more.
- Car and Driver reviews of 2017 models.
- MrTruckTv – Has a ton of videos.
- Side by Side Video: 2017 one tons by MrTruckTV and another guy I’ve seen in a lot of videos. Towing around 22,000 pounds which is important to me as I’m looking for a truck that can handle up to 19,500. Pin weight in this test is at 19% or 4,319 pounds. Excellent comparison for my purposes. Max tow for the Chevy is 23,000 pounds so they had to limit in order to compare. Overall Chevy won this one with Ram in second place. For some reason the best in class for torque, Ford did not climb the hill as well. My guess is as the Chevy has a higher horse power rating, once it reached speed it was able to maintain the speed better. It they had been able to add a lot more weight, Chevy would most likely not performed as well (and would have been over weight). One has to also decide what the most typical landscape will be when towing.
- Another video – Comparing side by side 2017 dually trucks. Mostly showing what Ford has that other do not. Interesting the guy in the video claims Chevy may introduce their aluminum bed in 2018 (rather than 2020) and says Ram has decided to always stay with steel.
- Video weighing all three trucks – These are the optioned out F350/3500 dually trucks. Ram weighed the most, then Ford and the lightest was the Chevy. That’s the same order I found when doing my spreadsheet based on factory specs.