I’ve done some serious updates to our spreadsheet of places we want to visit. Thought I’d post a screen shot and ask for any recommendations you might have for other changes. I had thought about posting this updated spreadsheet at a later date. However, I’m looking for feedback as to what I might change to avoid having to make huge revisions months from now.
In the first version of the spreadsheet I was using separate sheets (pages) for each state. But that made it more difficult to add locations and to sort the data. Here is a run down of what I’m placing in each column:
- Zip Code: Thinking this is a great way to sort the data when needed.
- Date: When I added the location to the spreadsheet.
- State: Used for sorting purposes.
- City: More of the locations are found by Google Maps if I include the state and city.
- Place: Description of the place we want to visit with a hyperlink.
- Type: You can see I’m using some basic lettering to categorize the locations.
- Rank: A scale where 1 is a must visit and 3 is a maybe.
- Links: For additional hyperlinks to information on the web.
- Where Heard About: Links to places such as blog posts from others who visited.
- Notes: General information.
I’m trying to learn how to use Google Maps where I’ve been able to import the data. Figure the map might be a good way to see which direction we might want to travel based on the locations we want to visit.
I’m sure we will most likely just end up roaming around. It’s been fun adding and dreaming about locations.